Just ask Alexa to play songs from around the world
There aren’t many places you can travel right now, but you can still play music that reminds you of a special vacation — or gets you excited for a trip you’re planning for the future.
Just ask Alexa for a language and style, or a place-based playlist. Here are some fun ones you can try:
- “Alexa, play Italian dinner music” (perfect for pizza date night!)
- “Alexa, play top songs in Jamaica” (this brought me back to my last trip to the Caribbean)
- “Alexa, play Spanish workout music”
- “Alexa, play the hits in London”
- “Alexa, play French classical music” (lots of dramatic opera!)
- “Alexa, play Mandarin pop” (very popular for helping some K-pop fans I know expand their horizons)
3 essential tips for making the most of Amazon Music
- You need to be listening on Amazon Music in order for these commands to work.
- Remember, Amazon Music is free with a Prime membership. If you have Amazon Prime, that means you already have free access to 2 million songs on Amazon Music automatically linked to your Alexa account. Yay!
- Don’t want to say “on Amazon Music” at the end of every music command? Tap/click here to set Amazon Music as your default music provider. (If you haven’t set a third party music provider like Spotify as your default, your Alexa music commands will default on Amazon Music.)