Don’t let Alexa spoil the surprise!
Holiday season is fast approaching, and with all of the pandemic-related shipping bottlenecks out there, retailers are advising that we all start working on our present shopping sooner rather than later.
Of course, Amazon makes it easy to go through your gift lists click by click. And they’re great about tracking packages, and even letting you know when it’s been delivered.
But what if you don’t want the people in your household to know about deliveries, to keep them a surprise? Alexa makes that easy too!
- Go to the Alexa app and tap More in the bottom right.
- Tap Settings and scroll down to Notifications.
- Tap Amazon Shopping. Here you have various options for customizing your Shopping Notifications. Toggle on to make the notifications active, or toggle off to turn them off.
You can do the below:
- Let Alexa say or show titles for items you’ve ordered. There are separate toggles for delivery updates, return updates, and even updates in your shopping cart.
- You can receive notifications for when an item is out for delivery, or has been delivered.
- You can receive updates about your Amazon orders.
- Find out about personalized suggestions, including special deals, based on your shopping activity.
- Lastly, from the Amazon Community, you can receive notifications on answers to product questions or new reviews. You can also get notifications on updates from brands or influencers you follow on Amazon, for new product alerts.
Pro Tip: A reminder for toggles: When they’re blue, they’ve been activated; if they’re not blue, they’re inactive.