Just say “Alexa, tell me about the election”
There’s definitely plenty to talk about with the Presidential election just over a month away. So Alexa now offers a daily election update, a 3-minute briefing that tells you what’s going on with the election that day.
To hear it, you just have to say, “Alexa, tell me about the election.” The briefing I received when I wrote this gave the results from Delaware’s primary and reminded me about tonight’s presidential debate.
The update relies on information from The Associated Press, so it’s a straight, just-the-facts-m’am look at the election.
Pro Tip #1
You can also add it to your daily Flash Briefing by searching for “Election Update” in your Flash Briefing settings.
Pro Tip #2
The briefing shows some really nice graphics to go along with it on the Echo Show.
What else can Alexa tell me about the election?
Actually, a lot! Here are some of the other questions Alexa can answer for you:
- “Alexa, how do I register to vote?” She’ll tell you your options based on your state, and send a link with more information to your Activity page
- “Alexa, where do I vote?” Again, she’ll send a link with information to help you figure out where to vote
- “Alexa, what channel is the debate on?” or “Alexa, when is the next debate?” Alexa knows all about the debates!
- “Alexa, how does [candidate name] stand on [healthcare/education/etc.]?” You’ll get the candidate’s stance on particular issues, powered by Ballotpedia
- “Alexa, who will win the election?” Alexa won’t give you her pick, but she will share who’s ahead in the polls, and where the current betting stands
Pro Tip #3
You can tune into the debate on your Echo! Just say, “Alexa, play the debate” when it’s time.