Just ask Alexa to set up a group call!
You probably spent a lot of time with your loved ones recently—even if it was virtually.
If you’re missing everyone, you’ll be extra excited to try Alexa’s new group calling feature!
It’s super easy to set up:
- In the Alexa app, tap “Communicate”
- Tap “Contacts”
- Tap the plus sign (for “Add New”)
- Tap “Add Group”
- Choose your contacts to add to your group
- Give the group a name, like “Family” or “Book Club”
- When you want to call, just say “Alexa, call Family” (insert the name of your group)
If you haven’t added your contacts to Alexa yet, here’s a reminder of how to do it!
Pro Tip #1
In step #5, only people who have Echos or the Alexa app will appear for you to pick (so you don’t have to wonder if your contacts do or don’t have Echos).
Pro Tip #2
If everyone has Echo Shows, it can be a video call!