She can greet everyone by name!
A VoiceBrew reader asked how she can make Alexa say good morning or good night to her husband by name even if he doesn’t have his own Amazon account connected to Alexa.
I wasn’t quite sure how to do that. But now I know what to do! You can easily teach Alexa to recognize your voice and your mate’s so she can interact with both of you by name 🙂
How to teach Alexa to recognize someone’s voice in 1 min
If you and your household member both have your own Amazon account connected to Alexa…
- Simply say “Alexa, switch accounts” until you confirm Alexa is set to your account
- Say “Alexa, learn my voice”
- Alexa will have you say a few different phrases so she can process your voice
- Have your mate repeat steps #1-3
If only one of you has an account…
- Follow the above steps #1-3 for yourself
- Then have your mate download the Alexa app to their phone, then sign in with your credentials (that’s right, use your Amazon username and password to log into the Alexa app)
- Tap More > Settings > Your Profile > Voice
- Follow the prompts to do a two-factor authorization
- Alexa will have your mate say a few different phrases so she can process their voice, and you’re done!
Soon, Alexa will be able to recognize whether the person she’s interacting with is an adult or a child, and change her answers accordingly!