Just say “Alexa, find me a recipe with apple cider”
Fall is my absolute favorite season—I love working all the great autumn produce into my meals. And it’s finally cool enough to start baking again, so I was looking for something fun to make last weekend.
Fortunately, Alexa can give you recipes based on the ingredients you want to use, so you can make the best use of whatever you have around.
I had some apple cider—and when I said, “Alexa, find me a recipe with apple cider,” she offered up some tasty looking cocktails, a pork tenderloin, and my pick—apple cider doughnuts! (They were delicious!)
Pro Tip #1
You can search for more specific recipe types. Try “Alexa, find me an apple salad recipe” or “find me a pasta recipe with squash.”
Do This Now: Find a great new recipe to try
Follow these steps to get a new dish to try:
- Say “Alexa, find me a recipe with (insert a few ingredients you have on hand)!”
- Listen to the recipes Alexa proposes (if you have an Echo Show, you’ll be able to see and scroll through them)
- To skip to the next recipe, say “Alexa, next”
- If you have an Echo or Dot… When you hear a recipe that sounds good, opt to have Alexa send the recipe to your phone when prompted. You’ll receive a push notification with a link to it so you can see the step-by-step instructions
- If you have an Echo Show… When you see an interesting recipe, tap into it or say “Alexa, more information on 1” (where 1 corresponds to the number next to the recipe). If it’s a winner, say “Alexa, start recipe” to get cooking with instructions provided by Alexa, including helpful text, images and videos displayed for each step!
Pro Tip #2
If you’re an Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods shopper, soon Alexa will be able to suggest recipes based on your grocery orders, so you can maximize what you’ve bought. Cool 🙂