Alexa knows what’s happening!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays—not just the big day itself, but all of the associated fun, from scary movies to corn mazes. It’s a great excuse to get out and enjoy the fall weather before winter sets in, or cozy up indoors and snuggle a little closer to your peeps.
Want to know what spooky happenings are on in your neck of the woods? Just ask!
- Say, “Alexa, where is nearest pumpkin patch?” and she’ll give you local patches and farms, plus distance from your home.
- Say, “Alexa, give me costume ideas for Halloween.” She’ll help you find the costume of your dreams (or nightmares), with options from Amazon. If you like the option, ask for more details or add to your cart. If you don’t, say no and she’ll move on to the next one.
- Say, “Alexa, what scary movies are on Prime Video?” She’ll pull up options you can watch on your Echo Show screen.
- Say, “Alexa, give me Halloween ideas” and she’ll offer things available on Amazon, from costumes to candy.
- Say, “Alexa, give me a Halloween decoration idea” and she’ll give fun ideas like using plastic vampire teeth as napkin rings. Good one, A!
Pro Tip: Before you order, double check the earliest possible delivery date. I fell hard for a spider costume for my dog, but it’s not available until Nov 1. It looks like he’ll be a pirate again this year, but now I have him set in advance for 2022.