Alexa will jog your memory!
One of my favorite things about Echo Show is the display screen. They have pre-loaded options with gorgeous art and travel photos, but I like to use mine as a rotating photo album, displaying images from my Amazon Photos account. Catching a memory when I glance at the screen always puts a smile on my face.
There are two great options for this, and neither requires the Amazon Photos app. (More on that later.)
With Daily Memories, you’ll see a selection of random photos, that change daily.
With This Day, you see photos from that day in previous years, which is fun for reliving significant events like holidays or birthdays.
Here’s how to set it up.
- Go to the Alexa app and tap Devices.
- Select Echo & Alexa, and then tap the device you’d like to use
- Tap the Photo Display box, which handles what you can display.
- Enable the selection you want. Daily Memories is a random selection of photos from your library. This Day is photos from the same date in years past.
- Tap Enable to allow the device to access your phone’s camera roll.
Pro Tip: If you want more options, you can download the Amazon Photos app and create dedicated folders for events, such as Summer Vacation or Family Wedding. You can enable those to play on your Echo via the More collections option in the app, located just under the This Day option.