Alexa will keep you on a watering schedule!
I got into gardening during this past year, and that’s one habit I want to keep up post-pandemic. (Forgetting to do laundry because I haven’t left the house in days, not so much.)
Alexa makes it easy to remember things like watering your plants.
You can make as detailed a watering schedule as you need by creating reminders for specific plants and tasks (i.e., water tomatoes every day, fertilize house plants once a week).
Take 2 minutes right now to set up custom reminders while it’s still early in the season, and you’ll be able to stay on top of it through harvest time.
Here’s how to get started:
- Open the Alexa app and tap “More”
- Tap “Reminders,” then the “Add Reminder” + icon at the top of the screen
- Fill in the “Remind me to” box with the task (such as “Water tomato plants”)
- Below that, select which device will announce the reminder, the start date and the time, and how often you’d like the reminder to repeat—daily, weekly, or a custom schedule on certain days of the week
- When the time comes, Alexa will chime and say “This is a reminder: water tomato plants.” (The same reminder will also show up on the screen if you have a Show device)
Pro Tip: Budding green thumbs will be happy to know there are smart sprinkler systems that you can activate with Alexa voice commands (check out the line of Alexa-connected smart watering products from Orbit B-hyve!)
Have you tried an Alexa-activated irrigation system or sprinkler? I’d love to know what you think! Reply to this email, and let me know!