Just say “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson”
Alexa introduced Samuel L. Jackson as a celebrity voice a few months back.
And now, he’s got his own special wake word (“Hey, Samuel”), so you don’t even have to say “Alexa” to get Sam’s attention. You can ask him to tell jokes, share the weather report, and lots more.
And you can choose to keep it PG—or let Sam’s legendarily colorful language fly.
Setup is super easy: Just say, “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson,” and she’ll walk you through the steps to add him, allow the “Hey, Samuel” wake word, and decide whether you want him to swear or not. (You’ll also have to agree to the $4.99 one-time fee.)
Pro Tip #1
You have to activate Sam on each Echo where you want him to answer. To do that in the Alexa app, just tap “Devices” > “Echo & Alexa” > select the device > toggle on “Hey, Samuel” to enable as a wake word.
Pro Tip #2
I tried out the new “Hey, Samuel” wake word feature two weeks ago when it rolled out, but it didn’t initially work for me. Now he works like a charm 🙂
Fun things Sam can do for you
Sam can set timers and alarms, tell you the weather (with a few colorful swear words thrown in!), and engage in some fun conversations.
I also recommend trying these:
- “Hey, Samuel, roast me” Let him rib you
- “Hey, Samuel, tell me a joke” The joke he told me today was pretty funny!
- “Hey, Samuel, who’s your favorite Star Wars character?“ You probably already know the answer to this one!
- “Hey, Samuel, tell me a story”
- “Hey, Samuel, what can you do?” You never know when they’ll add some new cool things, so keep asking this one