She has plenty of ideas to help you unwind
Sometimes you know you need to chill out, but you don’t know exactly how you want to do it. Here comes Alexa to the rescues!
Just say, “Alexa, help me relax.” She’ll offer up various relaxation sounds and skills to get the stress off, and you can choose what you’re in the mood for. Or you can ask for a suggestion by topic; here are some of my go-tos.
- Sound skills. Rain Sounds by Sleep Jar is super relaxing. Or you can ask for Sleep Skills if you need to relax before bed. There’s nothing like Ocean Sounds to put me off to dreamland.
- Affirmation skills. These can be quick positive affirmations, or larger listens such as the Affirmation Pod positive health podcast.
- Guided stretching skills. She’ll take you through a series of simple stretches that you can do standing, or even at your desk. Just say “next” to move on, and stop when you’re feeling looser.
- Buddha Quotes is a skill that offers brief bits of wisdom, like “Peace comes from within.”
- Daily Kindness skills. She’ll give an easy tip for spreading kindness in the world, like starting a tradition of Tasty Tuesday, where you make something sweet for colleagues or family members.
- Guided meditation skills. This is another great one, that you can do lying down, or just ask your desk with the lights dimmed. She’ll give you the time at the outset so you know how long you’ll be committed—most are just 5 or 6 minutes.