Just click on one of my all-time favorite routines
I’m so glad that Amazon made it easier to share routines, so I can share more of my favorites with you.
Today, we’re going to turn your everyday dinner into something really special—we’ll dim the lights, put on a great playlist, and call everyone around the table.
It will take you less than 1 min to easily activate this dinner routine. Just follow these simple steps:
- Tap this link on your smartphone (I’m going to say it again: this only works if you tap the link from your smartphone!)
- Follow the prompts in the Alexa app to view the routine
- Tap the orange “Select Light” text to choose your own smart lights (If you don’t have smart bulbs, just go ahead and delete this part of the routine)
- Scroll down to tap “Choose Device” and select the device you want your dinner music to play from
- Tap “Save” in the upper right corner (If “Save” is grayed out, that means you haven’t completed step 3 or 4)
- When it’s dinnertime, just say “Alexa, time for dinner!”
You can also personalize this routine to your liking!
When you’re viewing the routine, you can make any other changes you’d like…
- You can change the trigger phrase If you’d rather say “Alexa, chow time!” instead of “Alexa, time for dinner,” you can easily adjust it by tapping into “When You Say”
- Make a different announcement Alexa can announce dinner however you’d like. If you want something more casual like, “Hey, fam, good eats,” just tap “Announce ‘Time for dinner'” to update the wording
- Adjust the smart light ambiance Update the dimness and light color to your preference
- Pick your favorite playlist I went with classic jazz to set the mood, but if you’re more rock and roll, you can have that in your routine instead