Learn about the new Alexa Guard Plus features
I’m a huge fan of Alexa Guard, which helps you keep tabs on your home when you’re out.
Guard Plus’ new premium features mean that Alexa now has even more ways to keep you and your home safe and secure.
For $49 a year, Alexa Guard Plus has some really cool add-ons:
- When you say, “Alexa, call for help,” you’ll get access to a 24/7 dispatch center to help send the fire department, police or an ambulance to your door (this is especially valuable since you can’t call 911 with Alexa)
- You’ll get smart alerts if Alexa detects sounds. The free Alexa Guard listens for glass breaking or your smoke alarm and lets you know, but the upgraded version listens for footsteps and other out-of-place sounds when you’re away and lets you know.
- Alexa Guard integrates with your smart cameras and other devices, and you can set your Echo to play the sound of a dog barking if motion is detected from a camera.
How to get started with Alexa Guard (or learn more about Alexa Guard Plus’ premium features):
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap “More” on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap “Settings”
- Scroll down and tap “Guard”
- Follow the set-up prompts — or if you’ve already got it up and running and want the premium features, tap “Set up more Guard features”