Grab your old toothbrush to clean your Amazon Echo
I have Echos in almost every room of my house—and they collect a lot of dirt and grime along the way. (Especially the ones in my bathroom and kitchen!)
Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to deep clean your Echos, with a few tools you probably already have in your house.
The 5 tips to clean your Echo in under 5 minutes
The big issue with cleaning Echos is avoiding too much moisture, which could get inside and damage your speaker. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unplug your Echo That way, you won’t end up potentially damaging the sensitive electronics as you work
- Gently shake and tap it over a trash can Odds are, you’ll get a lot of surface crumbs and dust bunnies that way
- Use specialty tools to get a deeper clean Try a clean, dry toothbrush to get into any crevices and help you release deeper stains and crumbs; a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, lightly dampened, may help with stubborn stains to speaker fabric
- Get your vacuum brush out Use your vacuum attachments to gently go over the surface to remove the dust (this is really effective!)
- Lightly wipe the surface You can use a plain, dry microfiber cloth, or one lightly dampened with water and a touch of rubbing alcohol, according to Amazon (That’ll do a great job on your Amazon Echo Show screen!)
Spray the water/rubbing alcohol onto your microfiber cloth, not your Echo, to avoid accidentally using too much.